Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Double Post Day - Puppy Update

Only two puppies still available.  Some may wonder why are they still here?  So let me give you the low down and more information on the ones that are still here.  Well there were 10 (we are keeping the 11th) to place so I think I have done pretty well with finding them good homes.  The male and female that are left are some of the nicest pups in the whole litter.  I can't get over how each family that came to get a puppy seemed to pick out the perfect puppy for their situation and family.  The personalities just seemed to match, like they knew instantly THAT family was meant to be theirs.  Well  the two below seem to think they would like to stay HERE and are very comfortable with the routine.  However, that is way too may dogs for us.   So the females and pattern puppies were the first chosen.  Two solid females and two solid males were chosen next.  So we are left with two solid livers with a  little white on their chest and toes, one male and one female.  The two families that choose the other males, had two year old children.  The male below jumped on both and was quickly out of the running.  He however, typically is so sweet.  The first to curl up in my lap if I sit on the porch with them....he just thinks he should stay and is particularly naughty when people come to look.  Lucy (our other GSP) doesn't think ANY puppy should stay and has taken to hiding under the couch all day.  The pups left are doing very well.  They are kennel trained, come when they are called, go for walks in the fields with us, don't wander off and just lounge on the porch on nice days.  Here a few photos from today.



Rose has been teaching them SO much.  Not to bite, not to jump, not to chase the cat, to stay away from the mower and horses, how to point at the chickens, and today she was "flushing" the field in case any unsuspecting bird might be hiding in the tall grasses.   

5 comments:

  1. They are looking SO athletic -- very much like my son at the moment! I know what you mean about too many dogs; that's why I can't consider flying one across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    I know what you mean. I am worried they are burning off too many calories. I wormed them again and they have free choice feed. Thanks for all your support...I know you are very far away, but your kind words and encouragement means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look GOOD, but then again I am really drawn to that kind of physique in a dog. Makes it rather funny that right now I have a bulldog (who happens to be very athletic in a bowling ball sort of way - ha), and an Aussie whose physique is covered by fur!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, if we didn't already have 2 dogs (and sheep, and chickens, and and and.. lol) I probably would have ended up falling in love with them BOTH when we were out meeting Storm.. They're such.. PUPPIES.. (and I mean that in the best possible way).. They'll find the right homes, I have no doubt of that. :) (and wow, it looks like they've grown so much just since last weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have grown so much! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete