Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pasture Shuffle

 Sheep really pleading their case that it is time to move.
Ponies busting out of their paddock and loose in the yard.  Okay, okay, I get the message.  So I moved some electro net for the rams, replaced some split rails, moved the sheep to the back pasture, and gave the horses back the whole north pasture.  The horses have access to their paddock and barn from this pasture.  Less turn out of me.  The sheep spent the night out back and will continue to do so for a little bit.  Needless to say everyone is happy.  Well maybe not the goats...they are still in the barn.  The ate my garden starts and attacked the fruit trees when I let them loose for some browsing time...not what I intended them to browse on! I will work on their new location this week.  I think the  kids are old enough to handle eletronet now.

Click to enlarge the photo above.  Does that horse look 18 years old to you? He is why I want less sheep.  I want more time to ride!  I need more time in general.



F2 HST anyone!?

Cheviot/Shetland cross wethers growing well.   Can be weaned anytime for those of you considering the Cheviot.

 CONTENT!
This ram lamb photo cracks me up with his little "soul" patch spot and wink!  This handsome fellow is sold but he still has some half siblings for sale and a twin sister.  More lamb photos tomorrow.

1 comment: