Monday, February 22, 2010

Shearing set for Sunday

Let me know if you want to join us for shearing or have a fleece that you are interested in.  If you email me, please use the yahoo address listed.  I am keeping Pearl's (grey), Marshmello's (white), Olympia's (fawn gully), a few katmogets (Opal, Carmel, and Zeus) and fleckets (Sprinkles and Dessie).  The reason being is that I still have white, grey, and fawn Alpaca to use up from my last visit to the Alpaca farm.  If you would believe it, I also have white mohair from when I had my Angora goats.  I also want to try to process the fleckets from start to finish on my own.  Which leaves 12 fleeces for sale:  Shetland musket (off white to oatmeal), various shades of moorit (brown), and black; as well as Corriedale grey, Cheviot white available for sale.  Prices for raw fleece range from 4 to 15 dollars pound... most about $10 a pound, which ends up about $40 for a fleece on average.  The Shetlands will give a 2 1/2 to 5 pound fleece.  The Cheviot 5 to 6 pounds and the Corrie 10 to 12 pounds.  Tax and shipping would be added.  If you want to join us for shearing and help skirt and bag, you will get a 10% discount.  Email for more information.

1 comment: